Crowd Convergence Pty Ltd (ACN 160 173 142) (“Crowd Convergence”)
Crowd Convergence recognises and values the protection of your personal information. Crowd Convergence also recognises our clients’ concerns about the collection of their personal information and how Crowd Convergence will use that information. Crowd Convergence observes and is governed by Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
What information do we collect from our customers?
Crowd Convergence may provide restricted areas on its website that require confirming of identity by providing requested information to Crowd Convergence in return for a username and password to access these restricted areas. When becoming a registered member of the Crowd Convergence website you may be asked to supply personal information such as your:
- telephone number; and
- e-mail address.
Crowd Convergence may also conduct surveys or market research and may seek information from you from time to time. These surveys will provide Crowd Convergence with information that allows improvement in the types and quality of service offered to you and the manner in which those services are offered.
Every time you use Crowd Convergence website, information is collected by our service. Types of information include:
- The date and time of your visit to our website;
- Your IP address;
- The address of the webpages on our website you access;
- The type of browser and operating system you are using; and
- Any address of a recurring site and any website you are about to visit.
The information that will be collected provides Crowd Convergence with details about how the website will be used including the frequency and duration of visits, and which web pages you have accessed on our site. We will not collect any personal information which may reveal racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, sexual activity or sexual orientation.
Personal Information via the Crowd Convergence website and online software
- Crowd Convergence may provide you with a username and password to access the Crowd Convergence website or certain parts of the website. You are solely responsible for maintaining the security of your username and password at all times.
Your option not to provide your personal information
- Crowd Convergence may run competitions or offer added benefits to you and we may ask you to provide us with your personal details for these purposes. Giving this information to us is absolutely optional, however if you do not provide it we may not be able to contact you or give you access to those benefits. Whenever it is optional for you to provide information, we will make this clear to you. Members have the right to opt out of these additional communications and can do so by requesting this in writing to Crowd Convergence.
Use and disclosure of information
Your personal information, including your e-mail address, will be used for two primary purposes. First it will be used to ensure the proper function of the Crowd Convergence website. Secondly, it will be used for marketing, planning, product development and research requirements of Crowd Convergence and participating third parties contracted to Crowd Convergence.
Specifically, Crowd Convergence will not use or disclose or permit the use or disclosure of personal information that could be used to identify an individual in any circumstances except:
- to ensure the proper functioning of the Crowd Convergence website (for example, to confirm a member and/or acceptance of the Terms and Conditions and/or to seek a member’s views on the operation of the Crowd Convergence website in order to improve member service, to ensure the integrity of the website and database by participating third parties contracted to Crowd Convergence, to communicate promotional offers and special events).
- where personal member information is to be used by a participating third party contracted to Crowd Convergence for marketing, planning, product development or research and the participating third party is bound by a confidentiality agreement with Crowd Convergence.
Your personal information may also be used or disclosed if: Crowd Convergence is required or authorised by law or if it is reasonably necessary to enforce the law; the information is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of a legal claim; or there are reasonable grounds to believe that disclosure is necessary to prevent a threat to life or health; you have given express consent to Crowd Convergence for a prescribed purpose.
Crowd Convergence will not sell, distribute, rent, licence, disclose or reveal, share or pass the information onto any third parties, other than those who are contracted to Crowd Convergence to keep the information confidential subject to the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
Sending information overseas
You consent to Crowd Convergence disclosing your personal information to other third parties contracted to Crowd Convergence located outside of the Country in which you are located or accessing the Crowd Convergence website from. Crowd Convergence will take all reasonable steps to ensure that such recipients respect the confidentiality of this information by abiding by equivalent privacy laws and regulations required in the Country in which the person or organisation is located in.
Security of your information
We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that all information collected from you that we use or disclose is accurate, up to date, complete and stored in a secure environment accessed only by authorised Crowd Convergence personnel.
Please keep in mind that no information transmitted over the internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. We will endeavour to protect your personal information, however we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or receive from our online software. These activities are conducted at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission, we will use our reasonable efforts to ensure its security.
This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by this website. This website may contain links to other web sites on the Internet. Please be aware that we at Crowd Convergence are not responsible or liable for the privacy practices of such other web sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site to read the privacy statements of each and every web site that collects personally identifiable information. You access destination links at your own risk. Because we want to provide you with the best service possible, we would appreciate your comments about any external links at [email protected]
Third Party Advertising Services
Crowd Convergence may utilise certain third-party advertising services (e.g. organisations such as Burst Media, FastClick, Google) to display advertising for our advertisers. These third-party services may place a cookie on your computer for the purposes of ad tracking and presentation. Crowd Convergence does not share personally identifiable visitor information with its advertising services.
Unsubscribe from Crowd Convergence’s email database
To unsubscribe from Crowd Convergence’s e-mail database please send an e-mail to [email protected] with the following message typed into the body of the e-mail. The message you need to type or copy into the body of your e-mail is “UNSUBSCRIBE”.
How can I access, correct or update my information?
You can always access the information and content that you provide to us. If you wish to access or modify personal information that you have provided to us, you may do so by emailing us at [email protected]
How to contact us
If you have any concerns or questions, please contact Crowd Convergence by emailing [email protected]. Crowd Convergence reserves the right to modify or amend this Statement at any time.
We appreciate you taking the time to read the Crowd Convergence Privacy Statement.
© 2013 Crowd Convergence Pty Ltd (ACN 160 173 142). All Rights Reserved